Tyneham Village

In 1943 the army requisitioned the village to use the area for training troops in preparation for the invasion of Europe. The promise was made the land would be returned to it’s owners after the war but that has yet to happen and it is presently part of a gunnery range while nature reclaims the area.

This image was made with a Canon 40D fitted with a 10 to 18mm lens which has been converted to infrared capture.